01 February, 2008

Past throbs

Yesterday's orgasm count: three, two of them self-inflicted.

After an already relatively busy day yesterday, I made my way to the beach, where Luke and I had agreed to meet up. I was twenty minutes early, so I sat down on a bench, enjoyed the sunshine, and watched a few children playing by the fountain in the square. I eventually caught sight of Luke sitting some distance away from me, keeping an eye out for me. Because he kept scanning around, I was able to sneak up from him from the front, and he only saw me when I was maybe four paces away from him. I had to grin at his exaggerated double-take. When he snapped off his sunglasses and grinned at me, I found myself thinking, "Damn, he's still one hell of an attractive man". We greeted with an enthusiastic hug and a peck on the cheek, and then headed for the actual beach.

Whenever I actually catch up with Luke, I am reminded of how much I had missed him. Last time we caught up would have been in September last year or so... our lives are just so very seperate, and it takes a bit of effort to make sure we actually see each other. Even when we were "lovers", we only saw each other maybe once a month. I consider Luke to be proof that meeting people over the internet has its merits. We never, ever would have met without it, as we are from completely different social groups. Apart from being fifteen years my senior, Luke never went to university, goes to completely different events, and we seem to have no mutual acquaintances whatsoever, which is a relatively unusual thing around here. But despite appearing so different, we get on like a house on fire, and I am really really glad to have him in my life, even if it is sort of sporadic.

We took our shoes off and walked along the beach, talking about everything that had happened since the last time we saw each other. He's heading off on a big Europe trip in a few weeks, so he told me in great detail where he was going to go. At one point, when we saw a huge flock of seagulls hanging around on the beach, we ran at them and chased them up, barking like dogs.

We eventually sought out dinner, and ended up eating at the same place where we had eaten on our first outing, two and a half years ago. We watched a flock of preening teenage boys nearby, comically shaking our heads at today's youth. It's particularly amusing, considering that it's not been that long since I was a teenybopper myself. Luke has told me on more than one occasion that I am a rarity, in being so young, and still being someone he enjoys spending time with. He reiterated it then, saying that apart from me, there is only one other person below the age of 25 whose company he enjoys. We shared some fish and prawns and chips for dinner, and I found myself increasingly needing my willpower to keep my hands off him. While I do not conciously smell his pheromones, something about him attracts me like crazy. I suppose it's partly that our dynamic has not changed, except that we no longer stop for the occasional kiss, and things like that. Though at one point, with his explicit permission, I found myself playing with his short whiskery beard. When we first met, he was clean-shaven, but since then, he has cultivated that little beard of his, and I actually really like it. But then, I have a thing for stubble. For some reason, I think it's sexy as hell.

After dinner, we moved on for some coffee and gelati, taking in the pretty sunset as we went. Over our gelati, he showed me some photos of his girlfriend on his phone... she's a real cutie! I was actually surprised, because something about her reminded me of myself, though I'm not quite sure what. I guess Luke does have a type he prefers. I suppose I hadn't expected her to be so youthful, though come to think about it, that seems silly now. Luke is a very youthful man himself, very few people peg him to be in his late thirties. In fact, I can completely understand why some people would guess him to be in his late twenties, early thirties. He is in very good shape, and I have certainly met plenty of men his age who seem a lot older than him.

After our gelati, we went for another walk, happily chatting away. Our conversations had been slowly moving more and more towards sex. It did actually get to the point where we both admitted that it was taking some effort to behave ourselves. For a moment, we both put our hands in our pockets and whistled innocently before laughing and continuing to walk and talk. I was amazed, actually, at how happy and at ease I felt. I hadn't really felt this happy since I last was with my beloved.

Eventually, we had to head back, and he gave me a lift home. We're hoping to catch up before he leaves on his trip, and, if it's doable, have me meet his girlfriend. She does sound very nice, I now find myself not in the least bit put out that I had to give up the sexual aspect of my relationship with Luke for her. I think it is an impressive thing when a man who has experienced the kind of variety that Luke has will happily settle for a basically monogamous relationship. And I must admit I am really curious about seeing this girl in person.

We parted with another hug and a peck on the cheek, and I wanked myself into oblivion before going to sleep. I suppose it didn't help that we had briefly reminisced about the last time we had shagged. Well, that had been a very fun night, and a great way to go out with a bang, so to speak.

I am also very pleased because he has promised to burn me a copy of Shortbus, which I have been meaning to see ever since I read about it in The Girl's blog.

It's really such a pity that Luke leaves before my beloved arrives here. I'd really be interested to see what the four-way dynamic is like...

No comments: