15 January, 2008

Same same?

Today, I spent a little time browsing around a bookshop. Invariably, I ended up in the sex section... I just can't resist its siren call! Among the various things there, I found The One-Hour Orgasm: How To Learn The Amazing Venus Butterfly Technique. I had a bit of a flick through it, trying to decide whether it would be worth buying or not. One thing in its favour was that it didn't seem to be crammed with the spiritual approach that a lot of tantra books have. But, while I was intrigued, I found myself a little bit dubious about this particular book. Not that I don't believe a one-hour orgasm is possible -- I have every faith that it is, considering that I have only dabbled, and still managed to keep my beloved coming for twenty minutes straight. But I think there was something I didn't quite like about the tone the book was written in... it was probably angled at people with unsatisfying sex lives, which I certainly don't have. I just believe you can always strive for more.

I also couldn't help but wonder how different this book is to ESO : How You and Your Lover Can Give Each Other Hours of Extended Sexual Orgasm. The One-Hour Orgasm seems to be a little newer. I have little basis for this, because I didn't check its publishing date, but ESO was first published in 1983. What I assume to be the original reference is more recent than that: 1986.

In any case, I didn't buy the book, but it still is sort of tempting. It would be nice to find out beforehand how much new material it has though. At the end of the day, when you read books like that, you have to accept though that nobody is ever completely right. And you have to decide for yourself which parts are spot on, and which are a bit more dubious.

No comments: